Re: [LUG] Lets try this at home? - Ubunti display racks

Neil Stone wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:48:21 +0000
>> Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> there is http://www.theopencd.org/ which has a good selection of
>>> software. There is some software for making labels on CDs somehow
>>> (burns through to the other side I think?) but we could buy a bulk
>>> collection of cdrs and last time I looked you could get them for  ~5p
>>> or so - and burn them and give them away.
>>> Now if theres room for puppy/dsl in there too.
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>
>> I'm pretty sure TheOpenCD now comes as an Ubuntu Live CD, as well as
>> having the Windows versions of all those applications on there.
>>

> The OpenCD is a bit out of date just now.. they are looking to release an
> updated version of the CD later this year.. it will have a new versioning
> system too.. year/month much easier.. 2007/02 for example.
>
> If anyone is interested I have access to a "Rimage" drive.. which
> replicates CDs/DVDs like there is no tomorrow.. it's based in our Bristol
> Office, but given enough notice (a few days) I can get a pile of CDs
> done..

Sounds a good idea,  while in canada I picked up some ubuntu cd's,  the
user group also gave me a cardboard display rack,  that holds about 20
cd,. I just wonder where we get these from (apart from ubundu),  but
how.  This would be useful for a user group meeting,   as well as neils
open cd set.

if we are to go down this route,  perhaps we should set up a 2nd mailing
list say

opencd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,  so we can offer support to the open cd via the
lug,  but without questions / answers being directed at the lug list,
unless they are ubuntu related,   that way a few of us can man the other
list (and answer any questions etc).

what do you think,   again are there any display racks available for the
open cd.?

Paul