Re: [LUG] Converting WMV to AVI

On 06/02/07, Robert Purvis (NHS Connecting for Health)
<robert.purvis@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been trying to convert a WMV file to a format that my DVD player
> recognises. I have been trying to understand mencoder (with minimal
> success). I managed to get it to produce an AVI file using the libavcodec
> codecs but my DVD player said it was an unknown codec. The DVD player also
> said it didn't know what the resolution was.

Thinking about it, you may possilby need to convert it to a VOB? Have
a look at ManDVD - it's a really great, simple GUI, for DVD authoring.

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=38347

I know it says it's a kde app but it runs perfectly in my FC6 Gnome.
There's a few dependencies to install too but they were easy to find.
Just extract the tarball and execute the resulting .sh file!

Jon