Re: [LUG] Problems with dcglug Site

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:15:40 +0000
"George Reynolds" <george.reynolds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just out of interest, the googlemaps function showing where everybody
> lives is playing up for me. It doesnt start in the right place -

Nothing wrong with the map or the scripting. The details for one member
appear to be awry, I've emailed him asking for an update. Until then,
just click the "Jump to UK" button which exists precisely for this
reason.

Whilst DCGLUG has no particular policy on exactly where members live,
it does seem that this particular data is wrong, it puts this location a
few hundred miles off the coast of West Africa.
;-)

FTR the start location is decided by Google as the centre point of the
data we supply and Google currently calculate this as somewhere in
Algeria.

--

Neil Williams