Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Vista 'most secure ever' - Gates]

On 30/01/07, Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Windows Vista is "dramatically more secure than any other operating
system released", Microsoft founder Bill Gates has told BBC News.

I'm sure that's a misquote by the BBC or you, although I can't be arsed to RTFA.
Microsoft have never been so idiotic as to make that claim before: although they love touting their bugware's enhanced security, etc, it would be incredibly stupid of them to attempt to advertise based on superior security over Unices.

Perhaps there's an asterisk in the direction of "while switched off"?

--
Ben Goodger
#391382