Re: [LUG] Barnstaple Geekwatch

On 1/29/07, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks,

Hi,

> Just a quick note wondering how many of us are in the Barnstaple area
> - if there's a few, anyone fancy a pint?

I'm not up that way but i think its time for a reminder about the map
on the glugs home page.

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/map.php

Linked from the front page. Fill your location in on the members page.

Should help everyone see where people are and the concentrations in
different areas. Good for meetings etc.

> I for one, feel like i'm floating at the centre of a sea of closed
> source apps waving the Linux flag from a small raft while many point
> and make quiet comments about my crafts' seaworthiness.

Would those that are pointing be on a very large "unsinkable" ship. We
know what happened to that particular unsinkable ship and if MS went
down that way it would cause a bit of a storm. Prehapse it will just
get beached somewhere off Devon instead :-)

> It would be nice to meet someone else that has at least loaded Linux
> onto a pc sometime.

Well there are quite a few of us here!

--
Robin Cornelius