Re: [LUG] Kernel 2.6 and module parameters

Keith Abraham wrote:
> After a litle work I've managed to get my tv card working in my Debian
> system using
>
> modprobe saa1734 card=63 tuner=38
>
> Unfortunately I can't make this a permanent solution.

You need to set this kind of stuff up in the /etc/modprobe.d folder.
There should be a bunch of stuff already there and also check the
modprobe.d manpage.

You can set all module parameters in there as well as run custom  stuff
before or after modules and ensure modules load in the correct order.

The file /etc/modules also controls any modules that will be loaded for
you. Eg if you want to force load a module then put its name in there
and set its parameter stuff up in /etc/modprobe.d/

Hope this helps

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk