Re: [LUG] converting .rec file

Michael Mortimore wrote:
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_mencoder_divx_to_dvd
>
> something like that should do. it doesn't look like the input format matters.
>
> On 1/13/07, Steve Marvell <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Neil Stone wrote:
>>> man mencoder
>> But what am I converting to? Is there a faq or howto?
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> --

no idea what a .rec is, though channel 4 seems to be implied in one
message. Is it a download from the C4 pay on demand stuff intended to be
used with C4 software and MS mediaplayer?

Anyhow you could try looking at it with an app called avidemux. If it
can open the file it has a menu option which tells you what codecs are
involved and a few "auto" options for recoding into popular formats. You
might be better of trying to turn it into an SVCD, which is an .mpg
format that k3b will burn if you select CD video project, and any DVD
player capable of playing audio CDs should be able to play. Another app
which might help, though maybe not for .rec is kavi2mpg.

Simon