Re: [LUG] oh great!

Tom Potts wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6247939.stm
> Just give them a Microsoft/Intel catalogue and they're sorted?
> 'concerns about the increasing burdens on schools'??????
> It worries the pooh out of me that practically no one in ITC education seems
> to have heard of computerisation or automation.
> What chance do the kids stand?
> Tom te tom te tom
18 years ago I left school and went on a CGLI 'Introductory Computing'
course - waste of time as I had A Level.  One tutor (with O Level and
younger than me) taught us how to move and delete files in DOS.

'OK 'copy *.COM A:  enter''

(bearing in mind all these machines booted off system FLOPPY disks.

'Now type A:  enter    then DEL *.COM   enter'

Needless to say he ignored my disbelieving stare and killed the thick
end of thirty system disks.

Stupidity in teaching is sadly not a new concept.

Kind regards,

Julian