Re: [LUG] PDF's and the paperless office - well NVU really

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 17:41, Kai Hendry wrote:

> You should explain what NVU is. Or is it just me that had to Google for
> it?
NVU is an (Simple) HTML editor that can be used to do your documentation and
manage your web site all in one go.
It is part of the OpenCD collection of tools.

> HTML is simple. You should be able to write it without the need of some
> UI. Write HTML guys. Not XHTML.
I can but I was looking for tools to for the hoi polloi to use.

> Converting HTML to PDF is best done with Prince XML. Ok it is
> proprietary, though it is rather good. Otherwise, I guess use Firefox
> and some hack.
Or alternatively OpenOffice - though if you want to make your data really
inaccessible then you could always use GNUPG and chuck the key....

Tom te tom te tom