Re: [LUG] Portable programming

Neil Williams wrote:

> <devils-advocate>Nah, that means working with a proprietary API (on the
> phone). You can run free software on a chip-and-pin terminal now so why
> not ditch the proprietary rubbish and put a decent OS on the
> device.</devils-advocate>

He said regardless of OS and architecture, now if he's just said
"regardless of architecture", then there might be a "universal operating
system" out there somewhere, that would be a neat idea.

Besides I thought Java was flavour of the free software month, although
one was left wondering if SUN timed their announcement to see how close
to the Etch freeze they could get and still be excluded ;)