Re: [LUG] Hot Corners?

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:00:47 +0000
Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Secondly, does anyone know of any thing similar to "hot corners" on Mac
> OSX for GNU/Linux? Never actually tried it but I think it sounded like a
> cool idea and probably very useful!

>>From someone who did actually try it, it can be a real pest, especially
with a laptop. It can be hard enough closing applications with the tiny
'x' button via a touchpad, without triggering a new application or,
worse, putting the *"% machine into suspend!

You might want to look at brightside though - although if this is for a
laptop, it depends whether you have the fingers of a musician or a
miner. ;-)

Add reactivity to the corners and edges of your GNOME desktop
 Brightside provides "edge flipping" to allow you to switch to the
adjacent workspace simply by pressing your mouse against the edge of
the screen. .
 Brightside also allows you to assign configurable actions to occur
while you rest the mouse in a corner of the screen. Currently available
actions comprise:
 .
    * Fade out volume
    * Prevent screensaver starting