Re: [LUG] Warranties are for mugs

Simon Waters wrote:
> Presumably that just changes the criteria from "fit for purpose" to
> "proper standard of workmanship" and "satisfactory quality". Or is there
> some other radical difference between goods and services I should know
> about.
*refers again to lecture notes*

*mumble* OK.. the Sale of Goods Act has been superseded by The Sale and
Supply of Goods Act 1994:

"S. 14(2)(A) – defines ‘satisfactory’ quality
S. 14(2)(B) looks at specific quality-based issues:
-Fitness for purpose
-Appearance / Finish
-Freedom from minor defects
-Safety and durability
The above terms apply to all goods sold ‘in the course of business’"

So that tightens things up quite a bit, especially the 'free from minor
defects' part. Minor being a subjective term in some situations.

The Supply of Goods and Services Act is described here:
http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page24702.html

Broadly speaking though I think you're right Simon.

Kind regards,

Julian