Re: [LUG] Interesting article about the MS Vista EULA

Simon Waters wrote:
> Michael Mortimore wrote:
>
>> On the other hand, who actually buys windows?
>>

> On past experience, almost everyone who owns a PC.

Thats true.  It's covered in the cost of the PC.  No doubt it doesn't
cost Dell £49 + VAT per copy of XP Home but I still think it would be a
little bit of a saving, that is unless MS give away OEM licenses of XP
to the big PC suppliers (in which case that would be anti-competitive to
the little guy who has to pay the £49 + VAT).

I quoted a new PC for someone at work today.  He wanted something mega
cheap so I gave him the Linux option.  He asked if it came with Windows
and I promptly said... no, thats £60 more.  It must have added on 20% to
the cost of the PC!

Rob