Re: [LUG] Microsoft Partner Magazine - Go Green article...

paul sutton wrote:

> You forgot to mention of  course that Microsoft still boast having a
> lower TCO,  I am crap at maths and can't work this out,  cost of New
> computer + new operating system < than keep Old computer + install of
> free software.   Hmm  I wonder if they are using the old windows calc
> program.  Ok you need to take into account training staff and employing
> someone who can install / admin Linux,

Someone has to be trained to install/admin windows as well. Although you
could probably blunder your way through with a little (dangerous) knowledge.

If people were taught how to use spreadsheets instead of how to use
Excel etc... then you wouldn't have to retrain staff either.

And any paid support is going to cost a similar amount i would imagine.

No i agree the TCO should not be higher.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk