Re: [LUG] Distros??

On Thursday 19 October 2006 16:41, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Good idea on the virtual machine idea; I've tried it in the past and
> it's a really great way to test out different distributions!
>
> I'm personally waiting to try OpenSuse10.2...I really like the look of
> the new gnome menu and the integration of beagle etc from the outset
> is certainly appealing. I'm put off 10.1 with all the reports of
> problems with the yast(?) system not managing updates correctly?
I'm running Suse10.1 (64bit amd)  and it was easier to install than to get a
review on the site! Thats the KDE - when I installed the first time I tried
Gnome and ended up with no menus or anything just rtclk and open a terminal.
Its got Zen built in but I've not tried it yet...
I've had no real problems with YAST and I've loaded bucket loads of stuff
though it can go really slowly if you use a lot of different install
locations.

It might be worth lookind at a DCLUG standard installation though?
Then a standard SOHO .....??
Tom te tom te tom