Re: [LUG] Development Environments

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 22:19, Jon wrote:
> What does everybody here think of the current crop of IDE's?  Is everybody
> veering more
> to Eclipse and the vast range of plugins and perspectives it provides or
> something else?
>
> i.e.
> Intellij
> JBuilder
> Netbeans
> or a programming language specific IDE
>
> Just wondering : ) I use Eclipse on a daily basis for most programming,
> Java and PHP
> mostly.
>
> Jon.

If you want to program in .NET stuff in C#,Boo and others, use Nunit easily,
create cross platform applications using Stetic (a glade type GUI designer)
 then theres always MonoDevelop which is coming on nicely.
BUT: The debugger is out of action - but with Nunit you shouldn't need it, and
us old coders know how to live without one anyway...
It has ASP.NET support so you can do web services etc - though thats a compile
it yourself thing and I I haven't got it to work yet (champ champ...)
As its based on Mono you can even interface with Java stuff too!
Oh and a DB browser...
Tom te tom te tom