Re: [LUG] Laptop touch pad

Hm, my xorg.conf matched yours except for the extra bits I've put in
to get in moving smoothly...

I am using Debian, but the comments don't mention anything about the
conf file being compared with an MD5sum so I don't think that's the
problem; also I made changed to the accel options and maxspeed which
did have an effect so itprobaby isn't that.

As for gsynaptics: I'd never heard of it but have since tried it and
that had no effect either, although the sensitivty option did so I'm
at a loss! Is not the end of the world but would be nice...

Thanks for the ideas,

On 17/10/06, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> >
> > As you can see I've arleady been playing with the "MaxTapTime" options
> > and I know, well I think, mine is currently set to a somewhat absurd
> > setting but smaller ones didn't make any noticable differences
> > (neither does this setting however!).
>
> Sometimes when things have no effect in Xorg config it is because you
> have a Debian derivative with the md5sum checking on it.... you did read
> the comments carefully before editing?
>
> Surely for most purposes ksynaptic, or gsynaptic is the way to go,
> unless you use the touch page at the console screen?
>
> Mine always "just worked" - well since about 3 years ago when 2.6 became
> mainstream - sorry.
>
> --

Jon