Re: [LUG] NAS Storage

dave morgan wrote:
> [footnote 1: With reference to my question of last week, we ended up with a Dell
> PowerEdge 2900 in
> the end, 2 CPUs, 2 PSU's, 6 disks, and about 10 fans!]

Sounds like the one we have just got at the Barnstaple office.  Sounds
like a plane taking off when you turn it on and doesn't half put the UPS
under some strain.  But for geeky-ness you can't beat the blue LED that
attaches to the back (and the remote management which I have heard is OS
independent although haven't had a chance to play with it yet).

With regards to the NAS server, I'd second the server option.  Gives you
more flexibility.

Rob