Re: [LUG] Location map on DCGLUG

Neil Williams wrote:
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/map.php
>
> Robin's location map has now been implemented behind the DCGLUG Members
> Area to ensure that only members can update or add personal location
> details.

I will add a redirect from my map page to the new dclug one and stop new
entries on my DB.

> Hint: DCGLUG is now able to create other maps for other needs, on
> request. If future meeting pages give the postcode of the venue, I will
> create a "venue map" that does not use the randomisation so that members
> can use the google map to find the precise location of the venue. Let me
> know the postcode when you create a new page for a meeting - I haven't
> automated this stage (yet).

Of cause I can help with this as well and have I have some small
improvements to the current map code. I can use my page as a sandbox

Having venues of meetings marked would be very good indeed, we can use a
different marker and include full details in the pop up window.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk