Re: [LUG] Radio

Ben Goodger wrote:

> Can anyone tell me whether I can get Radio 3 or Classic FM on
> Rhythmbox's internet radio feature?

Radio 3 is streamed using Windows Media format (mms), or Real streaming
protocol (rtsp).

My Rhythmbox handles neither of these, although I assume it is just
gstreamer support that ought to be needed. I suspect the application is
offering less than the underlying libraries can cope with!

The BBC player app works under Debian Sid (free) if you listen using
"Standalone Windows Media Player", as Firefox seems to know what to do
with it by default.

Radio 3 are playing real dross this evening!