Re: [LUG] Scanners

I have a brother dcp310cn (I think this has now been superseeded by the
315cn) anyway,  this works fine under Linux as brother have released
drivers,  plus I have also got the scanner working

if you don't mind it being an printer / scanner  unit,  which of course
also has the advantage of using 1 power cord and 1 usb cable.  then this
may be a good solution.

There were issues origianlly with using the scanner over the network
however I think these are fixed now,  I just print over the network
which is pretty useful.

it also has a network connection, my webiste www.zleap.net has some
notes in the linux section on how to install the drivers (.deb format I
think),  as i had to create some stuff before it would install) which is
why i created that part of the site.

I got it from farseerenterprises.com as I know kevin who runs it,  some
modles have fax capability not sure about the 315cn,  probably not,

hope this helps.

Paul