Re: [LUG] Mono Laser Printer

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 17:08, Simon Avery wrote:

> I've had some issues with various Samsung printers and their PPD's with
> CUPS.

Since starting using GNU/Linux in '98 I have used various HP, Epson and
Samsung printers.  I never had any printing problems with the boxed distros
until I started installing Debian Woody, then Sarge.  I found that, by trial
and error, essential extra files/packages had to be added in order to get
printers up and running under CUPS.

Debian seems to have failed and frustrated many would be users, by omitting
the automatic selection of these dependencies to support the CUPS printing
application.  This has certainly been my experience with Debian versions of
KDE - until I changed to Kubuntu :-)

--
W. Devon