Re: [LUG] MBR

This is the thing..using the slackware setup utility, it advises you
to take the option to install to the boot partition, rather than the
MBR - i'd never heard of putting a boot loader anywhere but the MBR.
Option 3 in the choice list gives something like "MBR - This might be
unstable", which is news to me.  The tag "MBR" itself is a bit of a
giveaway.  I went for the non MBR install just to see what happened
really.

Thanks for the link Paul, just off to have a read now - and i'll check
the slackbook to see if theres anything there - could just be a simple
case of me skim-reading the option given ;)

Thanks for your time both :)