Re: [LUG] Mobile phone cameras

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> On 8/1/06, Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> usb 1-5.2: PL-2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
>>

> Looks like *something* was detected with a compatible VID and PID and
> the usbserial module has bound to it, you must now have a /dev/ttyUSB0
> that you can point an application at.
>
> Bit strange lsusb did not see the change however.
>
> By the way what are all those :-
>
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
>
> looks like a dickey HD to me.
>
> Robin

Hi guys,

OK now having installed it in Windows I know the PL2303 *is* the mobile
phone link - it came up saying 'Detected Prolific 2303 USB-Serial
device' when I plugged it in which even to a bear of very little brain
is a big clue ;)  It is a USB-Serial cable so in theory that should be it.

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial
Port

Do I need to use the +v to get the PID and VID or are these them, and
I'm just not seeing it? Having just Googled I *think* the vendor is 067b
and the product is 2303 as the page I found says they are both Hex
separated by a colon.  Nothing else on the line fits.

Would have been handy if the README had given an example of what it
meant by PID and VID, but they probably figured if I was installing from
source I ought to know *ahem*

Kind regards,

Julian

PS Robin I think those errors are from the MultiCard reader as a couple
of the ports have cards and some don't.  Probably trying to read cards
not inserted.  I think.