Re: [LUG] BBC Vodcasts

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 10:35:19AM +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
> Paul Weaver wrote:
> > The BBC is trialing "Vodcasting", downloadable crap-quality video that's
> > supposed to be in an open format.
> >
> Rats! - the subject sounded quite promising!
> Tom te tom te tom

The limit on the quality is all to do with bandwidth. While TPTB want to
reinvent the BBC at the forefron of the internet, in reality we don't
have the required bandwidth for decent quality video. Aparently.

Still, as they're designed for handheld devices quality isn't too
important (and it's not much worse than the average freeview channel
anyway).