Re: [LUG] Scanners

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 11:25 +0100, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> On Wednesday 19 July 2006 11:02, Mark Thurston wrote:
> > You will most probably have to install xsane as it may not be present on
> > your system.
> >

> > What distro are you using?
> I am using Fedora core 5 and I have just downloaded and installed Xsaneand the
> plugin for the Gimp.
>
> However, when I run them they advise me that there are no devices attached! If
> however I go into the kinfo panel and look under attached devices it shows
> the scanner attached via usb. Do I need to do something more please?

Sorry, I don't have much time at the moment.

But have a look at this:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Scanner-HOWTO/

Its a bit outdated, but may help.

There is also this, but I'm not sure how much use it would be to you:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_USB_Scanner

I don't know how to fix your problem.  I used the second howto and
everything worked fine. Have a read through everything and hopefully you
will notice a point that you missed when setting it up.

HTH

Mark