[LUG] Re superfast internet connection

I've got 512K here - however to cororolise the old saying 'work expands to fill the time available' I must say that I can now download almost 10 - times as much useless padding as I could on a dial up. Or 10 times as many adverts.
A picture may be worth a thousand words but it takes up the space of  50,000 words unless you train the moron 'web designer' to compress it!
The bit rate of the average user has gone from 14.4k to ~2M since 1990.
The information transfer rate on the internet has dropped considerably since 1990.

Tom the miserable old git....