[LUG] Databases

I have been using Linux for several years now. Before that I lived in
another town where I earned my living by writing databases for small
companies. No, I didn't use Access, I used Paradox from Borland. This
was similar in style to Access but so, so much better IMHO.

When I moved to Devon, (before actually), I moved to Linux. The one
thing I have found to be missing from Linux is a database of the style
of Paradox. Yes, I know about mysql and postgresql etc, but these are
not what I mean. I am talking about a complete package where everything
you need is included. the so called 'monolithic' type of database.

These packages include everything, the GUI, the database engine, the
lot. Of course I am not saying that that is the only way to go. There
is room for all styles of program. What I am saying is that there does
not appear to be anything of that sort yet available in Linux. The
nearest so far that I have found is Rekall, and that is not free.
Perhaps the database in Open Office will eventually do the job.

Meanwhile, if anyone can point me to something that I have missed....

Thanks

Neil Winchurst