Re: [LUG] Freecom DVB-T USB and Ubuntu 5.10

Quoting David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thursday 08 June 2006 23:00, Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>> I thought the installation would be as quick and painless as the K-World
>> PCI DVB-T card I bought from SVP.  I couldn't be more wrong!
>>

> I suggest you upgrade to Dapper. I've got one of these and it'll
> plug-and-play
> once you've dropped the firmware in the right place (no driver compilation
> needed).
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> --

Okay, I've installed Drapper on my soon to be MythTV box.  I've
attached the USB Freecom DVB-T stick and it isn't detected as anything.
  All it shows up on dmesg output is:

[4295068.310000] usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
address 4

I've downloaded two firmwares one called dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw and the
other called dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw.  I've put these into /lib/firmware.

I haven't yet tried installing the drivers as suggested on the Ubuntu Forums.

Any ideas?  Not sure if this makes a difference, but the Freecom stick
is dated Feb 2006.

Rob