Re: [LUG] Freecom DVB-T USB and Ubuntu 5.10

Rob Beard wrote:
> Quoting David Johnson <dj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

>> On Thursday 08 June 2006 23:00, Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>>> I thought the installation would be as quick and painless as the K-World
>>> PCI DVB-T card I bought from SVP.  I couldn't be more wrong!
>>>

>> I suggest you upgrade to Dapper. I've got one of these and it'll
>> plug-and-play
>> once you've dropped the firmware in the right place (no driver compilation
>> needed).
>>
>> Regards,
>> David.
>>

> Oh thats good.  I have my other spare box which is going to be used for
> MythTV so I'll pop Drapper on that this weekend and then worry about
> the Breezy to Drapper upgrade on my main PC later.
>
> Rob

I had a situation with my satellite card were it was detected and the
drivers installed and loaded, but the device nodes not created. I have a
script adapted from linuxtv.org which I added to the config routine
which does this. So if you're interested.........

Simon

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk