Re: [LUG] Upgrades

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:52:21 +0100
Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Neil Winchurst wrote:
> >>

> > I suppose I could
> > remove the old version, but with such large disk capacities nowadays it
> > hardly seems worth it.
>
> Tidiness, i like things to be in the proper location and have
> consistency. Makes it easier to firefight *if* somthing goes wrong and
> you only have one copy of stuff not multiple different versions than may
> or may not be in use.
>
> Robin

Luckily I have so far kept both versions. I regularly do the Telegraph
cryptic crossword. If I am really stuck I can go to the Telegraph
website, to the crossword section, and run the cryptic crossword in
interactive mode. This enables me to check my answers.

Now my original version of Firefox is quite happy about that. When I
tried it with the new version (1.5.0.3) it asked me to download the
relevant add-on. How come version 1.0.6 works but the new version
doesn't? Strange.

Neil