Re: [LUG] Demon Internet

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> I'm almost at the end of my teather with this lot....

I was a loyal Demon customer for many years, but once it was sold out,
it drifted into yet another telecoms company.

> It took them 3 weeks before they could get my name and address correct,
> why is it these days that gross incompentence seems to be part of the
> business model for the vast majority of companies.

I assume it is profitable enough. My dealing with O2 were short, and
brutal. I eventually got the result I wanted (and deserved), but the
only written material I ever got from O2 were computer printed bills.
The last of which contained the three word phrase "loss of goodwill" and
a credit for the amount they had previously claimed I owed them. No
explanation, no apology.

Clearly O2 don't consider it good business to employ people to interact
with customers outside of the normal business transactions, but prefer
to outsource it to debt collection agencies.

I suspect they are right, I know a lot of people who are still O2
customers, who never having fallen off the well worn paths are perfectly
happy. My understanding is this is now accepted practice in some
business areas.

> I am also fed up of
> these call centers in other countries as when things really go wrong the
> people there are no use at all as it is not in their traning, its the
> old problem of trying to speak to someone with a clue!

Get connectivity from a smaller company, UKFSN were fine.

Buy a domain name -- avoids lock-in.

-