Re: [LUG] Apache Content-length problem

On Sunday 16 April 2006 1:08 am, mike+redtux.org.uk wrote:
> The message in error log is invalid content length - relating to header
> passed - i am reading names of files for processing so what is in the files
> is not relevant

The error is elsewhere. It is not at all uncommon for errors to cascade in
this way and you are only looking at the final error. When building from
source, the final error from make is never as helpful as the first error. Use
the same principle here, track back through the possible errors and find the
real problem.

If necessary, copy the problematic code into a new script and test only this
one function. Add or remove code until you find the real error.

The limit is far higher than you'd need if you are only reading the names of
files as you claim. There is no need to change the content-length limit.

Your messages to the list are too brief to help you further. Please elaborate
on your code, the function and the intentions. Provide code snippets and
examples. We can't read you mind, we need detailed information to help you.

--

Neil Williams