Re: [LUG] Bristol Council moving to StarOffice

I used to head the mainframe software technical support team at CCC and always maintained that if I ever left, I would offer to return unwaged but for a percentage of the money I could save the Council by a rationalised apolitical approach to IT.

Unfortunately, stress got me first (10 years ago) and now I just cannot be bothered with it all.

However, the whole place is riddled with self interested individuals, more concerned with self advancement and inter departmental rivalries than with providing a genuine public service.

Any hope of changing this ethos seems to me to be extremely far fetched.

My opinions only of course!!!

David Brook

ex Technical Analyst