Re: [LUG] ISP - Recommendations anyone?

Tony Sumner wrote:
I quarrelled with plusnet and switched to eclipse.
David is writing from an Eclipse addy so I'm guessing it's them he's fed up of. I'd suggest Virgin, not just because I used to work for them in Tech Support and I know all the guys who are/were in the DSL team. I was always impressed with the HQ staff as well as our own callcentre staff. No "12 month minimum contract", humans on the end of the phone, not slaved to a script, although obviously we had a checklist of basics. Unlike some places once the checklist was done you're not left with "er..dunno" or "it's your PC". Also we had *some* training to sort out basic install problems with the modem. Linux was *not* supported but where the customer was using non-standard kit, including other modems/routers etc, we could give out the required settings to get the connection up and running, assuming the customer knew what to do with them :)

Anyway I haven't worked for them for well over a year, but hopefully the service is still as good now as it was then.

Kind regards,

Julian