Re: Please Update your Members details was Re: [LUG] DCGLUG Regular Meetings, Venue etc

Mark wrote:

> I could probably get a meeting place organised here in Summercourt fairly
> easily, but there is no internet connection in our local hall as far as I am
> aware. There is a school - but the cost for that may be prohibitive - but I
> can certainly check.

As discussed in the finances thread, we have 107GBP available, and
plenty of people offering financial support, and a precendent for room
costs being covered from this. So fees upto around 30GBP for room hire
unlikely to be an issue if that helps.

So if someone has the time to organise a meeting in Cornwall, but is
worried about costs, we'll underwrite costs. i.e. they can ask for
donations at the meeting, and if it is short we'll pay the difference.

To be honest DCGLUG is the easiest group to organise a meeting for. If
you do book a room, and announce here, people will tell you if they are
coming, will bring equipment, raffle prizes, CDs, books, food, drink or
whatever you ask for. Help tidy up afterwards, and generally make sure
it runs smoothly. If only other groups I'm involved with were as easy to
organise - sigh.