Re: [LUG] Mounting NTFS

Kelly Jones wrote:

> Is it still not advisable to write to an ntfs volume?

Till Microsoft start publishing specifications, and ideally source code,
it is relatively safe to assume writing to foreign file system formats
is risky.

However I don't see any particular reason to write to NTFS, I think the
only GNU/Linux stuff I have that does it is a disk for resetting the
administrator password on Windows servers, and I think that either
forces or recommends running a disk check when you boot into Windows.

Far better to have a well documented filesystem, both parties are
confident writing to. Not as if giving up NTFS file permissions actually
loses you much security on most Windows machines.