Re: [LUG] Not for profit group

On 08/01/06, paul sutton <zen14920@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes and if they upgrade to XP then at some point MS will stop supporting
that,  and drop users in it again,  now if even if we give them an old
copy of Linux using kernel 2.4, the community will still support them,
even when kernel 2.8 and kernel 3.0 is released, the community value users,

Actually 2.6 is the final version until it gets stupid, ie 2.6.32a
There was a feature in LXF recently about why 2.6 is the final version number until further notice.

Sounds like a good opportunity,  to promote Linux,  and open source
benefits.

if I was to arrange a meeting for this we probably need to get together
sooner rather than later, to kick things off, at the rugby club (unless
someone can get somewhere better) when would be the best date in January
or Feb

Club open Tues, Wed, Thurs, which according to my diary would be the
following dates

Tues            Wed             Thurs
10               11                12
17               18               19
24               25               26
31

Feb

Tues      Wed         Thurs
                1            2
7               8            9
14            15            16
21            22            23
28th

Last of feb 20 - 24 th is 1/2 term

Let me know and I will book it,  unless as I said we can find a
different venue,

I can't do anything after school, and probably can't make anything further into Devon than Plymouth, I'm afraid.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382