Re: [LUG] Promoting GNU/Linux in 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 2:33 pm, Ben Goodger wrote:
> > Software Freedom Day is September 10th this year - so we could do two
> > events.
> > One of our own timing and another (incorporating any lessons learnt) for
> > the
> > later date.
> > http://softwarefreedomday.org/
>
> OK: shall we create a team? Or wait a bit later?

Looks OK to me - there's no rush but if you'd like to create the team that's
fine by me.

Create a meeting page in the DCGLUG website too. Just put an outline time and
some ideas for content, others can add and modify later.

Once we have our own meeting (venue?) in spring sometime, we can update the
SFD one with more usable info.

Gemma / Ben : Any chance of working with Plymouth Uni / Termisoc for either or
both events?

Anyone able to ask about Exeter Uni as a possible venue (as with the original
Linux Install Day, also an SFD event).

--

Neil Williams