Re: [LUG] The younger generation + the older generation

On Tuesday 03 Jan 2006 18:47, paul sutton wrote:

> .......    so you are insulting older people too,  there are quite a few
> people on this list who have installed Linux for older friends
> and they have no problem using it,   (can anyone give feedback on this)

Yes, I built a K6/500 Mhz box out of spare parts and loaded it with Mandrake
over 2 years ago for a 70 year old who has been emailing, browsing and
processing snotty letters to the council etc. ever since :)

Tuition?    2 A4 sheets of simple "Noddy" instructions.
Problems?   Nil
Result.  Happy 72 year old (lady).   Unhappy assorted numpties.

--
W. Devon