[LUG] Electricity Modelling (library?)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help with the electricity model for Alectros, which is a GPL circuit simulator working under GTK.

Basically, the problem is that the physics involved in calculating potential difference, resistance etc in a complex circuit is so complicated that it has my (very intelligent) friend, and me, completely stumped.

Is there some kind of library available to do this with? My friend doubts it. Can anyone help to develop the model? It would need to take into account temperature, which would be modified by resistance and such; so you see why it's so complex.

We'll have a Sourceforge project running for it soon. It could be very useful in schools, as nothing, to my knowledge, currently does this with GPL code, and my school would want something along the lines before touching any kind of free stuff. None of you know Anne Reeve, thank goodness...

--
Ben Goodger

http://www.getfirefox.com/
http://www.openoffice.org/