Re: [LUG] Firefox 1.5 (nearly)

Rob Beard wrote:

> Just got the red text here.  AFAIK I'm still on Firefox 1.0.7.  Guess
> I'll have to wait until Ubuntu release it for Breezy (AMD64).  Okay, I
> could have installed it from source, but when I checked I could only
> find the source from 1.5 RC3.

mozilla-browser (from mozilla suite) has SVG enabled on Debian so I've
been told (and checked), so you can sneak a look at the picture without
seeing the column layout.

But you can get a binary copy of 1.5 Firefox for Linux from
http://getfirefox.com/ now if you are impatient, literally just released
whilst I was at Chess club this evening.

Download, tar xvzf firefox....mumble..., firefox/firefox, and you are
away. No nice integration to the desktop, package system, but handy to
have for testing, and it shares most of the extensions nicely with the
packaged versions of Firefox in Debian Unstable.