Re: [LUG] Waiting for keyboard input in a shell script

On Saturday 26 November 2005 8:51 pm, Matt Lee wrote:
> > Gambas seems promising.
> >
> > There is a learning step from VB but it is less than some I think.
>
> There's RealBasic, it's not free software at all,

Haven't we had enough of that kind of rubbish with BitKeeper?

There is no need to use proprietary or non-free software of any kind in the
development of free software. Using such rubbish only raises questions down
the line about contamination of code development. Even if such allegations
are completely unfounded, it'll cost a lot more than the original licence to
prove it.

I'm surprised that you even recommended such a tool, Matt. After all, GNU was
created specifically to make the use of such proprietary tools redundant.
Those who cling to the idea that proprietary tools are in any way preferable
to free software should not find any encouragement from those who support
GNU.

--

Neil Williams