Re: [LUG] DNS Entry for Broadband IP

>> I have a static IP for my broadband connection and would like to
publish a
>> public DNS entry of (say) www2.mydomain.co.uk for that IP.

>This really shouldn't prove to be an issue, all you are asking them to do
>is setup a standard "A" record and point it at your home PC's IP address.
>
>If they can't do this, i would doubt their ability to host DNS services
at
>all... (unless they want to charge you for a 2 minute job, if that)

Fasthosts have responded to say they can't do it. I'm sure it's a policy
issue rather than technical. They suggest I host the DNS services for my
whole domain myself which I'd rather not do on the end of a flimsy
broadband wire.

I guess I need to find a third party DNS service than can do the whole
thing :o(

Mart