[LUG] CD Label printing on Epson R200 printer?

Hi folks,

I'm pretty certain I've read on the list before that a couple of you
guys and gals have got Epson Stylus Photo R200 (or even the R300) printers?

I've recently migrated over to Ubuntu Breezy (AMD64).  Everything is
going well this time, I can run some of my old Windows programs under
Wine, I can get my e-mails and with that VMWare Player I can still use
my MiniDisc (well I'm assuming I can, I haven't actually tried it yet :-D)

Now one problem I'm having is printing CDs and DVDs.  As you may or may
not know, the Epson printers come with a program called Print CD.  It's
a fairly easy to use program which allows printing of covers (including
inserting scanned covers).  I did a bit of searching on Google and found
that someone managed to get CD printing working with GuttenPrint 5.0 and
Gimp 2.x using the CD Cover template.

Okay, so I've installed Guttenprint 5.0 RC1 which compiles nicely under
Ubuntu.  I've installed the printer and found there is an option for
printing to CD.  So far so good.

When it came to creating the label in Gimp I started having problems.  I
opened Gimp and managed to import the cover.  Being a bit of a newbie to
Gimp, I can't seem to make the cover bigger.  It will print although it
won't fill the disc, it just prints very small!

I've tried a couple of different applications in hope that it would work
(OpenOffice 2.0 & 1.1.5, AbiWord, Scribus etc) but none of these
programs seem to come up with the entire cups configuration options for
the printer (so I can't select print to CD, or the quality etc).

Has anyone else successfully managed to print to a CD under Linux?

Rob