Re: [LUG] Configure X.Org with

On Tuesday 08 Nov 2005 13:49, Mike Tidball wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm trying to get my NVidia card (5700) working in 3D in SUSE10.
> YOU did not install the driver properly so I'm trying the driver from
> NVidia.
>
> The instructions say
>
> 3) Configure X.Org with
>
>  sax2 -m 0=nvidia (0 is a digit, not a letter!)
>

> Is X.Org a file or an applet?
>
> I cannot find such a file, I thought it used to be called something like
> X11config on older versions.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mike Tidball

Mike,
X.Org is the new X server configuration - the equivalent of xfree86.
All you need to do is run the command

sax2 -m 0=nvidia

from a non gui login (i.e command line).
You may be able to do this by logging out of your X session via the menu,
then, at the login screen, choosing a command line login or non gui ( I dont
know what SuSE calls it)
Alternatively, you can manually edit the xorg.conf file in /etc as root.
The information on how to do that is available in the file the nvidia driver
installs  - probably at

/usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0

Easy enough to do.
Hope this helps.