Re: [LUG] Wireless LAN (OT?)

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:05:30 +0000
Simon Waters wrote:

> Suspicious, but I've heard of people having trouble with other Wireless
> Access routers, so I think we should perhaps be a bit more rigorous
> before cursing Cisco.

As a matter of interest, a hell of a lot of branded Cisco WAPs and wireless routers
*do not* run Cisco's IOS.  They can be flashed to run IOS, but they come "out of the
box" with some half-arsed non-IOS system.  I have used a couple of different branded
Cisco WAPs and found that the firmware does make a hell of a difference - when
flashed with IOS you can actually use the system!

Grant.