Re: [LUG] Portable MP3/Ogg player.

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:34:27 +0000
Andrew John Rogers wrote:

> I am looking for a cheap (less than £20) portable MP3 or Ogg player
> compatible with GNU/Linux. I am currently using Fedora 3 but I don't
> think the distro matters. Something with 256MB or more.
>
> Thanks
> Andrew

I don't think you'll find many low-end Ogg players on the market.  It would seem
that for Ogg compatibility, large capacity players (those with harddrives) are the
only real contenders, and even then the Ogg compatible ones seem to be few and far
between.  For cheap USB flash-storage MP3 players, of which almost all appear to
Linux just like any other USB flash disk (ie as a removable scsi drive using the
usb-stoage module), I would think somewhere like www.ebuyer.co.uk would be a good
place to look.

Grant.