Re: [LUG] ingots - assesors

On Monday 03 Oct 2005 12:28, Grant Sewell wrote:
> > http://www.theingots.org/www/content.php
> >
> > Its an open standards office suite assessment thingy apparently :)
> >
> > Mark
>
> Aha!  Me thinks I might look around on this myself and see if it's
> something that Cornwall College would be interested in.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Grant.

I would think its a very good idea for schools and colleges to get involved.
I have looked around the site - but it seems a bit hard to find out exactly
how to get in touch with an assessor - which I guess is what you do in the
first instance. Not really my cup of tea - I avoid using office software of
any sort if possible ;)
But it does seem a good alternative to the ECDL - although I expect its
currently not really recognised by many people. But the fact that youngsters
and the so called "silver surfers" can get hands on experience with a tutor
is good. I know Mike C runs some evening classes in the Newquay area -
perhaps its something he may be interested in ?
Mark