Re: [LUG] website coding

On Saturday 24 September 2005 5:16 pm, Neil Stone wrote:
> Anyone here know much about website coding, ie how to keep sites cross
> browser friendly??

1. HTML 4 Strict validation.
2. See 1.

> If so, please email me off list.

Seeing as that is presumably what you already knew, I assume you are ACTUALLY
asking:

How do I work around Internet Explorer bugs?

I'm afraid that is trial and error. Seeing as M$ don't even know where the
bugs are in IE, I doubt it's useful to try to create any robust rules that
would allow any one site to conform to a broken browser.

:-)

My answer, I'm afraid, is "I don't care if it doesn't work in IE." My sites
are HTML4 strict valid and that's it. If anyone (i.e. any IE user) has a
problem with that they can take it up with Microsoft. (Yeah, right, like
*they* care.)

I take it you've been asked/told to make a valid/usable site IE friendly?

--

Neil Williams